Friday, August 29, 2014

A Rose With A Different Name


A nice young lady was waiting on us that evening. I noticed she had a very unusual name. It looked like it should have been two names or at least hyphenated. I was curious and felt a inward impulse to find out more about the story behind her name. She (we will call her Danielrose) told us her tale of how she got stuck with her name because her parents could not decide on one. It was an odd combination of names, but stirred my heart to this young ladies uniqueness. 


I love being connected to the One who is beyond time and cares more deeply about people's lives than my schedule... Still love knowing He can take care of my time schedule too!



In a season of life when regular travel between two cities was a regular part of life, i met a friend at a near freeway restraint. We were meeting to spend a bit of time catching up before I made my journey to the other city.

Danielrose continued to attend us with a charm and attentiveness not typically found. The evening was coming to an end. I began to "check-in" on a deeper level with what my response should be to this unique gal. I told my colleague that I wanted to give Danielrose a rediculous tip. We pulled out all our change and dollars. I t filled my two hands and laughing i went to find her. She was near by finishing up with bussing another table. I began to tell her how she was a unique gem and that though I sensed she felt a bit of a mistake, her name was given to her as much more. We chatted and i told her there was one who care deeply for her, who guides my life. I told her I had heard she needed to know how special she is and gave her our "tip". Tears started to run down Danielrose's cheeks. She began to tell me more of her life and how she was a single mom trying to put herself through college. We talked on and I pointed her toward the One who knew her more than I could ever. I assured her that He would be opening a way for her and thanked her again for her wonderful service and said goodbye.

Little did I know that was not the end to my evening. I headed out, more than an hour later than I had hoped to be. I called ahead to my destination as it was already quite late and very dark. No one answered, so all I could do was hope. I was heading out when my colleague called me to chat a bit more about the evening. I passed a very familiar road sign as I answered the call. Only a couple minutes later I drove through some unusual white cloud like fog that covered most of the road, but not the spot I was traveling in. It happened a few times in a very short period. It cleared and then I passed another very familiar road sign. I gasped and asked my colleague how long we had been talking. They checked their watch and it had been only 10 minutes. I began to calculate when I saw the first road sign and the time lapse in our conversation. I gasped again and told my colleague where I was. She gasped, as I was now only 15 minutes from my destination instead of an hour and 20 minutes out... which is what it should have been.

I love being connected to the One who is beyond time and cares more deeply about people's lives than my schedule... Still love knowing He can take care of my time schedule too!


No comments:

Post a Comment