Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Words of Light

Psalm 119:130 "The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand."

I was reading in the book of Psalms and came across this verse. It is such a short verse, but it speaks volumns. Verse 135 says, "Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil."

These two verse talk of how God's Word gives us guidance. It gives "light" when our way is not clear. It "guides our steps", so we can make it through times of difficulty where we might be drawn to evil. Instead, God's Word shows us the way to go, so we can stay clear of the trap that evil would bring into our lives.

I love the picture of "the Word giving Light" when I open my Bible each day. I look to what it says to help my heart stay at peace, even when circumstances around me might seem out of control. I am thankful I can turn to One who has the wisdom I do not. I am glad to have a "road map" to lead my heart to an understanding of the One who guards my life. I am thankful that He has shown me the way to get to know Him more fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment