Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Plant Seeds - Seeking more than mud!

Gal. 6:7 "Whatever a man sows that he will also reap." Neil Cole makes the point in his book "Organic Church" that in order to reap a harvest, we have to plant seeds. If you sow nothing, you reap nothing...at least nothing but mud. It is that simple. If you sow the Word of God, you will reap the Kingdom of God."  It makes me stop and thing and evaluate my week. What all have I been sowing. How would you answer this question, what have you sown this week? If all we are sowing is just our hard work, but not work that comes out of making Jesus the center of our work... what will we reap? Is the body negligant in keeping Jesus at the center of our efforts? Are we really seeking Him for the opportunities to sow seeds into the lives around us? Are we missiing the "open door" into the fields of lives we touch each day.

I am not refering to hard "old style" evangelism. I see sowing as planting the next seed in someone's heart and trusting the Holy Spirit to lead that same person to another "sower". I remember a dream I had about a Sower that continues to impact my thinking. There were a lot of old farmers content to stay in the "farm house", but were no longer in the business of planting seeds. They seemed to enjoy their connection to other farmers who were now also sitting down - but not sowing. Then there was a sower, who did not relent to stop... but kept on sowing. Up behind him came a wonderful golden harvest... I found myself desiring to follow in his footsteps. I want to be an "Organic Sower"... seeking an "Organic Harvest". Join me - sow some seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment